Friday, July 8, 2011

Pita Perfection

Last weekend, I had a falafel pita for the first time (thank you Samm and Kristie!!). It inspired me to make my own version for a quick, easy, healthy, and delicious lunch. So, I bought some sprouted, gluten-free pockets (thank you Sunflower Market in Roseville!) and while I was getting ready for work, I sauteed bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions on low and threw them, along with some fresh spinach and chipotle hummus into the pocket and warmed in the microwave for about 30 seconds.

Some other great pita ingredient ideas:
Mexi-Pita: Corn, diced tomatoes, salsa, diced carrots, guacamole, black beans, peppers
Veggie Overload Pita: Carmelized zucchini & squash, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, sprouts, hummus
Asian Delight Pita: Tofu, eggplant, rice, plum sauce
Breakfast Pita: Potatoes, onions, soy-rizo (vegan Chorizo), refried beans
Summer Salad Pita: Spinach, sunflower nuts, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, kidney beans, vegan ranch
Fancy Deli Pita: Sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, hummus, spinach, capers, vegan feta

No comments:

Post a Comment