Thursday, January 6, 2011

National Blood Donor Month

Guess what?! It's National Blood Donor Month! Yay! Ok, seriously, I just got nauseated thinking about blood and needles... However! Part of my new years resolution is to do things that I wouldn't normally do. Such as give blood. Sweet jesus, I'm already hyperventilating just thinking about it!  Although 38% of us are eligible to donate blood, only 8% do. As long as you are over the age of 17, weigh at least 110lbs, and are in good health, you are good to go! Don't want to rough it alone? Get friends and co-workers to go with you. In fact, when I mentioned my brave tour of duty to my co-workers, several decided to join me! And we're not stopping there! We are going to challenge other businesses in our community to do the same. A few moments of your time could save a life! For more info visit: http://www.takepart.com/news/2011/01/06/how-to-help-national-blood-donor-month

No comments:

Post a Comment