Monday, January 3, 2011

Z Pizza

I don't know about the rest of you, but I spent most of this last wknd recuperating from New Years Eve. I didn't even want to change out of my pj's, let alone cook! So, a friend & I managed to drag ourselves from out of our caves to Z Pizza at 3984 Douglas Blvd in Roseville. Luckily, it's 4min from my house, so I didn't have to drag my ass too far. Founded by Sid Fanarof & originating from Laguna Beach, CA, Z Pizza provides 100% organic wheat flour the staff prepares every day, which is then hand-thrown & fire-baked to crisp perfection. 

I had been looking forward to trying this place out all week, after discovering them online while searching for vegan & vegetarian restaurants, bakeries, etc. in Roseville. Z Pizza boasts salads, pastas, pizzas, sandwiches, rusticas, etc. Offering vegan cheese, this cozy little place has a few great options in the pizza department. Unfortunately, they were out of vegan cheese the night my friend & I stopped in. Which, I'll admit, pissed us off. But, we ordered the Berkeley Vegan pizza (veggie burger crumbles, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, red onions, & bell peppers) anyway, sans "cheese". On top of our initial annoyance over no vegan cheese, I also felt the service was severely lacking (but then again, like my friend & I, the staff was probably hung over from the night before). 

Anyways! The pizza turned out great, even w/out the "cheese". We also had to ask for a side of marinara sauce because apparently, when we said no cheese, they assumed we also meant no sauce! However, the crust was delicious. They offer three types: gluten-free, regular, & wheat. And, although I was initially pissy about the service & the lack of vegan cheese, I will definitely go back! The menu is just too mouth-watering to not return for more! I want to try the Penne Pesto, the Yuppie Veggie Sandwich (I'm a sucker for carmelized onions!), veggie calzone, the Pear & Gorgonzola salad, & several of their pizzas substituting for the vegan cheese. To view their menu, click here: http://www.zpizza.com/food/download_menu



No comments:

Post a Comment